The newest addition to the SCS line of acoustical window and door products is our acoustically-rated, impact-tested line of single-hung windows. The prime window features specially designed heavy-duty vinyl extrusion and is glazed with 7/8” insulated glass consisting of Cardinal “Sea-Storm” laminated glazing. This glass is designed to pass the stringent Dade County Protocol.
Extensive testing shows that upon impact, the broken glass fragments tend to adhere to the .090 interlayer. It protects like a shield against accidental impact, forced entry and sun damage. The exterior extruded aluminum sub-frame incorporates a secondary storm window that provides unsurpassed noise attenuation.
- Prime window tested to Miami-Dade specifications for impact.
- Welded vinyl prime frame and sash.
- Prime window glazed with Cardinal “Sea-Storm” hurricane glass.
- Heavy-duty block and tackle balance system.
- Patented extruded aluminum sub-frame.
- Extruded aluminum exterior secondary storm window glazed with 3/16” clear glass.